Decadent chocolate bark, sprinkled with roasted pistachios, crushed rose petals and cardamom dust.
Who can resist something sweet? Especially chocolate! This Holiday season instead of the same old desserts why not surprise your loved ones with some homemade chocolate bark that tastes just a good as it looks. Take your chocolate of choice, I chose dark and white and melt it down, top with roasted nutty pistachios, sweet rose petals, fragrant cardamom dust and finish with a pinch of pink sea salt. It’s a treat too tempting to pass up.
The recipe is easily adjustable and you change up the toppings, I’m planning to try walnuts with dark chocolate next and dried cranberries and almonds with white chocolate.
Gifting this chocolate bark? Just cut the chocolate into shards, squares or your favorite shape once it’s set and pack it in parchment paper. There you have it, a beautiful homemade edible gift.
This week we’re sharing a recipe printable with Urvi from Bharat Babies book “Let’s Celebrate Diwali”. If you missed the recipe cover or the insert with Harini or the insert with Dhiman, you can download them here. Every week there will be a new character printable to help your little ones learn how Diwali is celebrated by the four faiths: Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism. Collect all four and make a special recipe book like I did for Little Mirchi!
This is how Urvi, the Jain character from Bharat Babies celebrates Diwali with his family:
Jains celebrate the day Mahavira attained nirvana, i.e. Ultimate Bliss/Inner Peace. Jain temples around the world rejoice and perform prayers to Lord Mahavira during this time. The nirvan ladoo is offered at temples during Diwali.
- 4 cups chocolate chips (dark, milk or white)
- 4 tablespoons roasted, chopped pistachios
- 2 Tablespoons crushed rose petals
- ½ teaspoon pink sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamom dust
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper, and using a spatula, spread it into an even layer about ¼-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the pistachios, crushed rose petals, cardamom dust and sea salt on top of the chocolate then place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes until the chocolate has fully hardened.
- Remove the bark from the refrigerator and carefully slide it onto a cutting board.
- Cut or break the bark into similar shaped pieces.
- Serve it immediately or store it in an air-tight container in a cool place.