This lychee rose mojito is sweet, refreshing and ready in under 10 minutes. It’s the perfect drink to serve at a party, picnic or enjoy on a warm Summer evening.
In my books, mojitos are the ultimate summer cocktail: mint, lime juice with a bit of fizz – it doesn’t get any better than that. Oh but it can. With summer comes the season of one of my favorite fruits, lychees. When I was younger I would eagerly wait for our summer trips to the market where we would pick out the reddest, ripest lychees. Fast forward to a few years ago, my husband and I lived near a Thai restaurant that made the ultimate lychee mojitos. I was a fan from first sip, they were perfectly sweet with plenty of lychee muddled with the mint. It quickly became one of our go to dinner and drink spots.
This Lychee Rose Mojito is a twist to this classic cocktail that takes the refreshing flavor of citrus and mint and fuses it with the sweetness of rose and lychees; delivering a sultry and beautiful summertime spirit. As I’m a big fan of mocktails, I’m providing two versions, one with rum and one without. The first time I made this recipe at home, I made is sans the rum and I can assure you it tasted just as good.
Traditional Mojitos are easy to make. Muddle your lime and mint. Add in rum, simple syrup, and sparkling water. Pour over ice. For the Lychee Rose Mojito I decided to skip the simple syrup as I added lychee juice. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or picnic.
- 4 ounces lychee juice
- 20 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime, cut in small wedges
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- ½ ounce rose water
- crushed ice
- 2 ounces white rum (optional)
- In a small pitcher or large glass add mint, lime and lychees. Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint.
- Add lychee juice and rose water.
- If adding rum, add now and mix.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with fresh mint.