“Life is so much better with whipped cream on top.” -Unknown
I’ve always been a big fan of whipped cream. In fact, my perfect birthday cake is a soft vanilla cake layered with fresh whipped cream and fresh fruit. It’s the one topping that I just can’t say no to and one of the only toppings my husband will eat as well! I love making my own whipped cream and infusing different flavors in it.
Flavored whipped creams are no joke. So tasty. So easy. And so fun to eat. I mean, it goes with everything, fruit, cake, ice cream, cold coffees or just a spoon. Pretty sure half of my whipped cream gets eaten that way. I actually meant to make this last week for my daughters birthday party but the kitchen had gotten so hot with all the other food that was being prepared my heavy cream just wouldn’t whip. Figures right, when you need something to go right it doesn’t!
Do make sure your bowls and whisks are nice and chilled before making this. I promise this whipped cream won’t disappoint and the hint of nutmeg just brings out the aromatic sweet cardamom flavor even further.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place the sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream.
- Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Store any unused whipped cream in an airtight container. When ready to use, rewhisk.