I remember when I told my Mom that Chef Vikas Khanna would be at The Varli Food Festival she was giddy with excitement, she has followed him on Master Chef India and was so excited for me to meet him. I must say I can see why, he is a gem of a person – so personable and friendly! His passion for food and cooking was very apparent in the short but sweet conversation we had.
- Michelin Starred Chef
- Host & Judge of the TV show “MasterChef India”
- Executive Chef at NYC’s Junoon Restaurant
- Consulting Chef at The Rubin Museum of Art, NYC
- Author, Filmmaker & Humanitarian
- Love – the first essential ingredient for any meal I cook.
- My Biji’s (grandmother’s) yellow dal (lentils). I make it weekly, it’s simple, home cooked, and reminds me why I started cooking in the first place.
- In or out, the food should be kept pure and simple. Food should taste as if it were prepared for you by a loving friend or family member. Everyone loves comfort food.
- World Hunger. No child should go hungry and I try to spend many of my efforts and time spreading this awareness.